Hey-O! I’m kind of copying this off of another blog that I frequent and it’s something that I find inspiring and useful, so I thought you might as well. I actually, and honestly, don’t have many original ideas. *gasp* Don’t stop reading! Are there ever anymore truly original ideas? Things like that keep me up at night so I choose to ignore them :) Here’s a mind-bender: GOD has NEVER been surprised by ANYTHING! Maybe that only bends my mind. And it wasn’t even actually that exact phrase. Our pastor said something about God not having an original thought? But thinking about that definitely doesn’t seem right, so I went with surprise. On with the show. Money Saving Mom’s weekly menus have been inspiring to me. I plan dinners two weeks in advance, but this amazing mom includes breakfast AND lunch too. Now, I’m only baby steps into incorporating breakfast and lunch because well, life is hectic. I work nights so lots of times by the time I get home everyone is starving and we have cereal or frozen (homemade) pancakes (Money Saving Mom inspiration) and a protein (cottage cheese or yogurt, sometimes fruit). And lunch is a free-for-all, but I’ll get to that. So, here is what my one week dinner plan looked (I’m late writing this, imagine that!) like.
- MONDAY Shepherd’s Pie Not anyone’s fav, but the casserole dish is empty y’all! (It was Paula Deen’s recipe). My favorite recipe I already blogged about here.
- TUESDAY Pretzel Dogs SLAMMIN’
- WEDNESDAY Poor Man’s Chili There was a glitch in the system and this didn’t get made. OH! We had a birthday party and ate there :)
- THURSDAY Nothing happens here because Abby went to daddy’s and me and mom fought over leftovers. And my sweet neighbors let me have some of their pizza too!
- FRIDAY Buffalo Chicken Pasta This is…there are no words to describe its deliciousness. I leave out the gorgonzola and green onions.
- SATURDAY Beef and Broccoli New to my repertoire. I might even blog about it in the next six months.
- SUNDAY I work and the childrens go to daddy’s so mom is on her own (sorry).
- MONDAY Classic and easy, breakfast for dinner :) Pancakes and bacon anyone?